This week I thought I would remind you about using your Google Drive to save EVERYTHING! With your school Google Apps account your Google Drive is UNLIMITED. Now you can upload everything you want, share everything and have access to it in the cloud. Added to this you can install the Google Drive App and use Drive as your Backup. Remember to back up all of your important documents and work. Follow the steps below to install the Google Drive App.
Download Google Drive using the New Google Drive
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Open the settings menu .
- Click Download Drive.
- Don’t see Download Drive? You may be using the old Google Drive and should use the alternate instructions below.
- On the download page, choose Mac from the list that appears under “Download Drive”.
- Read the Terms of Service and click Agree and download.
- Open installgoogledrive.dmg.
- Move the Google Drive icon to your Applications folder.
- Open Google Drive. If you see a warning that Google Drive is an application downloaded from the Internet, clickOpen.
- Type your Google Account user name and password to sign in to Google Drive. This will be the account associated with Google Drive for your Mac.
- Complete the installation instructions.
- Open Google Drive for your Mac from the the top right of your screen.
- Move or copy files and folders from your desktop into your Google Drive folder to begin syncing items. You’ll be able to find your files and folders in “My Drive” in the left hand navigation on drive.google.com.